Linux - Production Engineer - Python - Shell - SQL
London, Permanent Contract
Margo is a Tech Native consulting firm accompanying companies in their digital transformation on highly technical complex projects. Its offers are organized around 4 expertise: Business Agility, High Performance IT, Data to Business and IT Modernization.
By putting innovation at the heart of its model, Margo guides companies in their strategic choices and in the creation of new technologies, in order to design their competitive advantage.
Join Margo in the UK (London)
Margo is seeking for a Production Engineer with experience in Deep knowledge of Linux is mandatory, proficiency in network and SQL are also expected.
This role is a position within the FX eTrading Application Production team.
This a global team providing services to the global FX business within our client trading room.
The team provides technical support for all back-end components running on FX eTrading environments (more than 600 servers – Windows or Linux).
The team also manages connectivity to many electronic trading venues (ICAP/EBS, Reuters FX Matching, Currenex, HotSpot, LMAX, CME, Bloomberg, MOEX,….).
Your Key Reponsabilities:
- Day-to-day management of production : monitoring, capacity management, problem resolution activities, change management
- Responsible for efficient resolution of issues to minimize impact to clients and internal users including liaising with end users, team members, management, vendors, other internal IT teams…
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of technical support systems
- Perform activities related to implementation and rollout for upgrades of existing services
- Work closely with development teams, business analysts, architects, all infrastructure teams to design and setup new systems, improve existing platforms (resilience, high availability, performance, low-latency…)
- Coordinate and organise changes with external vendors, markets, ECNs
- Plan, schedule, implement and document the change activities
- Improve team documentation, keep it up-to-date and share knowledge with global team
You are the success candidate if:
- Strong all-around IT background and proven experience in electronic trading markets on similar environments
- Strong understanding of Linux (Redhat) operating systems to be able to tune operating systems platforms for optimum performance
Essential skills :
- Scripting (Python, Shell, SQL….) and development skills for administration, monitoring and support tools
- Good network and firewall infrastructure understanding
- Good understanding of multicast messaging (ideally in a Tibco Rendezvous environment)
- Ability to analyse network captures
- Project management skills to deliver medium scale projects